Notes


Matches 4,851 to 4,900 of 5,041

      «Prev «1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 Next»

 #   Notes   Linked to 
4851 Warrill Park Lawn Cemetery GOODMAN, Mary Ellen (I1413)
 
4852 Warrill Park Lawn Cemetery NEUENDORF, Arthur (I3429)
 
4853 Warrill Park Lawn Cemetery SCHMUNCK, Mary Martha (I4152)
 
4854 Warrill Park Lawn Cemetery HEIT, Violet (I5932)
 
4855 Warrill Park Lawn Cemetery KÜBLER, Gladys Evelyn (I6018)
 
4856 Warrill Park Lawn Cemetery JOSEFSKI, William Edward (I6065)
 
4857 Warrill Park Lawn Cemetery SCHULTZ, Hermann Gustave (I6507)
 
4858 Warwick Cemetery LARSEN, Emmy Johanna Marie (I5492)
 
4859 Warwick Cemetery, Lawn section LARSEN, Edward (I2668)
 
4860 Warwick Daily News (Qld. : 1919 -1954), Friday 3 November 1933, page 1

TRAFFIC
Modern Needs
Footpaths for Pedestrians
Roads for Vehicles

BUNDABERG, Thursday.-- "Motor traffic has come to stay, and it is up to the public to appreciate the modern trend of progress and to use the footpaths," declared Mr. Justice T. Brennan, in the Circuit Court to-day.
The time would come, he added, when action would have to be taken to force the people to use the footpaths. The old views never seemed to alter. We were not living in the stone age now in regard to traffic.
Only recently, his Honour proceeded, he had had occasion to tell the Commissioner for Railways to modernise his out of date engine headlights.
His Honour's comment followed a case in which August Gollschewsky pleaded guilty to having driven a motor car in such a manner as to cause bodily harm to a youth, Charles Heathwood, on July 16 last.
Defendant was discharged, his counsel having informed the court that all expenses in connection with the accident had been paid by the defendant.

1933 'TRAFFIC', Warwick Daily News (Qld. : 1919 -1954), 3 November, p. 1. , viewed 23 Dec 2016, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article177369909 
GOLLSCHEWSKY, August Ferdinand (I6076)
 
4861 Warwick Daily News (Qld. : 1919 -1954), Wednesday 24 April 1935, page 5

FATHER AND SON

UNHAPPY RELATIONSHIP

BOY CHARGED WITH STEALING

BENCH CASTIGATES PARENT

Scathing comment upon the attitude shown by a father towards his son was made by Mr. E. J. Pearce, J.P., in the Stanthorpe police court yesterday, when dismissing a charge brought against Basil Leo Spiller (18) of having stolen an overcoat belonging to his father, Thomas Spiller. "In the opinion of the Bench," observed Mr. Pearce, "the father has made a malicious attempt to enlist the assistance of the law in gratifying his vindictiveness towards his son."

The actual charge against the son was that on April 18, at Kyoomba, he stole an overcoat valued at £4, the property of his father.

Constable Abraham testified that, in consequence of a complaint, he and Sergeant Bright went to the Stanthorpe railway station at 6.45 p.m. on Saturday and saw the defendant. In reply to questions by witness defendant informed him that he had obtained the overcoat he was wearing from his father's place on the previous Thursday. He admitted that no one had given him authority to take the coat, and that no one was at home at the time. Complainant, who was also at the railway station, then identified the overcoat his son was wearing as his own. Sergeant Bright asked him what he desired the police to do in regard to the matter, and the father replied, "I want him arrested. He has stolen things from me before;" Defendant was then arrested. When charged at the watch house he replied, "I am guilty. I stole the overcoat, as I wanted it for a dance at Wyberba to-night, and I was going to take it back on Monday."

Witness added that the defendant did not live with his father, but resided at Passmore, and was unemployed.

Thomas Spiller, mine engine driver, residing at Kyoonmba, gave evidence. When asked if the defendant was his son he replied, "He's supposed to be my son, and I have had to keep him." Witness added that his son did not reside with him at Kyoomba, and had not resided with him for the past two years. On Thursday last witness and his wife were away from home, but the house was not locked. They returned home at 5 p.m. and half an hour later witness missed the overcoat, which he paid £4/4/ for and which he now valued at £3/3/. When he identified the overcoat at the railway station he heard his son say, "I took a loan of it." When Sergeant Bright asked witness what he wanted the police to do with his son he replied, "I want him arrested and bound over."

Sergeant Bright observed that it was a terrible thing for a father to have his son arrested, and witness said, "He has stolen from me before and steals every time I go away from home."

Witness said defendant was not hunted from home, but left of his own accord. Anything he had taken on previous occasions he had not returned.

Answering questions by his son, witness said it was more than two years since the defendant was living at home. The defendant came to the home when he was away, but was frightened to do so when he was there, because he knew that witness would lash him.

In reply to questions by the Bench (Messrs. E. J. Pearce and J. Quilliman, JJ.P.) witness said he did not know where his son was now living, nor was he interested. He had been told that his son could find employment, if he wished, but he would not take it. The overcoat was two years old. "I am entirely disinterested in the defendant's welfare," added the father. "I will not have him near the home. If he were a good son I would consider there would be a moral obligation on me to provide for him. As soon as I missed the coat I knew my son Basil had taken it. I did not expect him to return it.

Under further cross-examination by his son, witness said he remembered throwing a spanner at the defendant at the tin shed on one occasion. He had asked Mr. McNamara to put his son out of the Brisbane claim. He did so, because the son was stealing things from witness' house. He was antagonistic to the lad. On one occasion the defendant went to work for Charlie Hughes for his food only. When the son returned he did not find that half of the house had been pulled down and sold.

At the close of the evidence Mr. Pearce remarked that the evidence did not substantiate a prima facie case, in accordance with the provisions of section 391 of the Criminal Code. Secondly, a father was under a legal obligation to provide the necessaries for his children until they attained the age of 21. In a climate such as Stanthorpe an overcoat may be considered a "necessary,"

"Even if the offence were committed," added Mr. Pearce, "we consider that the principle of natural justice would overrule any technicalities of the law, after taking into consideration the whole of the surrounding circumstances of the case. In the opinion of the Bench the father has made a malicious attempt to enlist the assistance of the law in gratifying his vindictiveness towards his son. Apparently the son has not been given a chance to make good, and his present circumstances are attributable to his father's attitude towards him."

Mr. Pearce advised the defendant to refrain from going near his father or his father's home and to endeavour to lead a straight life solely from his own resources.

The defendant was discharged, and an order was made for the return of the overcoat to the complainant.

1935 'FATHER AND SON', Warwick Daily News (Qld. : 1919 -1954), 24 April, p. 5. , viewed 06 Oct 2018, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article177323170 
SPILLER, Basil Leo (I7168)
 
4862 Warwick Hospital SMITH, Ivan Arthur (I8141)
 
4863 Warwick Lawn Cemetery SMITH, Ivan Arthur (I8141)
 
4864 At least one living or private individual is linked to this note - Details withheld. Family F5334
 
4865 Was about 92 - year of death unknown LYNAM, Patrick (I184)
 
4866 Was convicted on 17 May 1832 of theft and simple larceny and arrived on the Fanny 2 which had sailed from Downs 29 July 1832. Her term was 14 years. TOOTELL, Elizabeth (I2088)
 
4867 Was not listed on 1841 census taken on 7 June. COLSTON, Jemima (I469)
 
4868 Was published at
http://users.bigpond.net.au/gdaven/
but this is no longer a valid link [April 2010]. 
Source (S333)
 
4869 Was top of his class - specialised in reinforced concrete.
Worked in Australia building Avalon Airport (opened March 3, 1953, runway constructed by Commonwealth Department of Works), worked for BHP, Burnie. 
HAUNSTRUP, Svend (I916)
 
4870 Waugh Road Monumental Cemetery
Plan 14, Section AO, Row G, Plot No 6 
KNOBEL, Philipbena (I446)
 
4871 Waverley Cemetery ROWE, Eliza (I1331)
 
4872 We sincerely regret having to record the death of Mrs George Scott, wife of Mr George Scott of Kilgour Street, Chiltern, which sad event occurred at her late residence early on Sunday morning last. The immediate cause of death was haematemesis supervening on influenza. Deceased, who was sixty-seven years old, was a native of Somersetshire, England, and had been in the colony about forty years. About four weeks ago she, who had practically not known sickness previously, contracted influenza and a week later had to take to her bed. All that medical skill could do was unavailing and her end came as stated. Her remains were interred in the Chiltern New Cemetery on Monday afternoon. The funeral service was impressively read at the grave by the Rev F Lade who also paid a tribute to the probity and Christian character of the deceased. The funeral arrangements were capably conducted by Mr R Wappet. Great sympathy is felt for the husband and family left to mourn their loss. SCOTT, Charlotte (I1802)
 
4873 WEDDING
Hunter-Marshall. - The marriage of Miss Alethea Riches Marshall to Mr. Kenneth Alexander Hunter (Mackay), which was solemnised at St. Paul's Church of England by Rev. H. Kestell Cornish, assisted by Rev. James Hardman, created interest in Ipswich and Mackay.

The bride was gowned in dropped-stitch lace with a draped bodice caught at the back with four pearls, two-tiered circular skirt, short puffed sleeves, and finger-tip cut tulle veil, with natural flower side-sprays. Her bridesmaids, Misses Gwalla Edmunds and Hazel Collet, wore silver bodices and two-tiered Brussels net skirts made on the same lines as the bride's. A novel floral rope arrangement comprised the bouquets carried by the bride and bridesmaids. Hand-made green net roses with silver sequin head-bands comprised the head-dresses of the bridesmaids.

Mr. Lex Larsen was best man and Mr. Darell Greenfield groomsman.

The bride was given away by her uncle, Mr Selwyn Krebs, of Brisbane.

During the signing of the register Mrs. Ray Jones played the organ, and "Love's Coronation" was sung by Mr. George Bishop. The church was decorated by Mesdames J. Hardman and H. Mensforth.

The wedding reception was held at St. Paul's Hall, where the bride's mother, Mrs. R. Marshall, was hostess, assisted by the mother of the groom, Mrs. M. Hunter. Mrs. Marshall was frocked in beige silk lace, with Burgundy accessories and deep wine bouquet. Mrs. Hunter chose saxe blue with black accessories and gold-tinted bouquet. As "something old" the bride wore an aquamarine pendant which was worn by her mother on her wedding day. The diamond-shaped wedding cake, which featured three tiers iced in pale pink, with a design of miniature roses and green butterflies, was the work of the bride.

The honeymoon was spent at Noosa. 
Family F2069
 
4874 WEDDING
Krebs--Miller
At St. Stephen's Presbyterian Church, Toowoomba, on January 6th. Captain A. A. Krebs (A.I.F.), second son of Mrs M. Krebs, Palmwoods, and the late Mr. Krebs, was married to Corporal E. M. Miller, A.A.M.W.S., only daughter of Mrs. T. Rooks, Campbell Street. The Rev. N. H. Jougin officiated.

The bride, who was given away by her grandfather, Mr. G. Ford, senr. (Linthorpe) wore a wedding gown of white silk embossel krinkle crepe over parchment taffeta. Her veil, which was lent by her aunt (Mrs. R. Stower) was softly held in place by a spray of orange blossom. She carried a shower bouquet of lilies of the valley and for "something old" wore a gold brooch, which had been worn by the bridegroom's grandmother on her wedding day. The bridegroom's two sisters, Misses Marie and Brenda Krebs, who attended the bride, were frocked in blue and green hail spot net over satin, respectively. Their tulle veils were caught to the head with trails of pink flowers, and their bouquets were of pink and blue hydrangea, charm dahlias, asters and gladioli. The bridegroom's brother, Mr. H. F. Krebs (Bulimba), was best man, and Mr. E. C. Miller (Linthorpe) groomsman.

The reception was held at the Cafe Alexandra, where the guests were received by Mrs. T. Rooks (mother of the bride), and later in the evening, guests and intimate friends were entertained at the residence of the bride's aunt (Mrs. T. Vidler).

The three-tier wedding cake was a gift from the bridegroom's mother. Mrs. Harper (Toowoomba) was responsible for the bouquets. Mrs. J. Kuskopf (Bulimba) for the bride's frock, and Mrs. H. Hobson (Palmwoods) the bridesmaids' frocks.

The honeymoon was spent at Coolangatta. 
Family F5548
 
4875 WEDDING
McFARLAND-WELLADSEN
The marriage of Ronald, fourth son of the late Mr and Mrs S. McFarland, of Hurstville, Sydney, and Bertine [Bettine] second daughter of Mr and Mrs Neil Welladsen, of Wodonga West, took place in Albury on Saturday.
The officiating clergyman was Rev Hillman.
Mr Frank McFarland, brother of bridegroom, was best man, while Miss Jean Welladsen acted as bridesmaid to her sister.
The young couple are spending their honeymoon in Sydney.
They will reside at Wondonga West. 
Family F322
 
4876 At least one living or private individual is linked to this note - Details withheld. Family F102
 
4877 WEDDING BELLS

BARNES-DUNN

A wedding of considerable interest to a large circle of friends was solemnised at St Anne's Roman Catholic Church, Wowan, at 1 p.m. on Wednesday, May 22, when Catherine Margaret, second daughter of Mr and Mrs K. Dunn, Killarney, Wowan, was married to John Kelvin, only son of Mr and Mrs C. Barnes, Errol, Dululu.

Father Anderson was the officiating priest. Mrs W. Dunn presided at the organ, and Miss Maureen Hayman sang an Ave Maria during the signing of the register.

The tall, graceful bride looked charming as she entered the church with her father, who gave her away. She wore a beautiful gown of magnolia satin made on classical lines, the flared skirt extending into a long train. The bodice featured long sleeves extending in points over her hands, a large quilted collar, and pearl trimmings, and was finished at the neckline with a spray of lilies of the valley. Her beautifully embroidered tulle veil, lent by the bride's cousin, Mrs J. Ball, was worn with a coronet of lilies of the valley. She carried a shower bouquet of eucharis lilies, white chrysanthemums, and gladioli, arranged with white satin ribbons.

Miss Molly Dunn, sister of the bride, who attended as bridesmaid, wore a pretty frock of blue stiffened lace over satin. The swing skirt was edged with a pleated frill of the material and was trimmed with blue velvet bands and the gathered bodice showed tiny velvet bows on the puffed sleeves. Her blue veil was worn with a headdress of pink roses and carnations arranged with blue tulle and tied with pink satin ribbons. Mr Jack Dunn (brother of the bride) attended as best man.

As the bride left the church a white satin horseshoe was placed on her arm by her nephew, John Dunn.

About 60 guests were present at the reception held later at the Blue Bird cafe, which was tastefully decorated in the bridesmaid's colours (pink and blue). Father Anderson presided.

Mrs E. Dunn, mother of the bride, chose a navy crepe romaine frock trimmed with bands of ruching and finished at the neckline with cream lace-frilling and a gold ornament. With it she wore a navy Baku hat and she carried a bouquet of red gerberas and ferns arranged with red tulle. 

Mrs Barnes, mother of the bridegroom wore a frock of navy crepe riche, finished at the neckline with white gardenias. She added a small white hat finished with a navy veil, and she carried a bouquet of red roses.

When leaving for the honeymoon, which is being spent in Yeppoon, the bride wore a frock of snapdragon crepe suede made with a circular pleated skirt, the bodice featuring diagonal pintuckings and black buttons. Her large black hat of Neora straw was finished with veiling and white flowers. 
Family F5891
 
4878 WEDDING BELLS

NELSON-BARNES

A very pretty wedding to considerable interest to Dululu and the surrounding districts was celebrated recently in St Joseph's Cathedral, Rockhampton, when Berenice Olive, younger daughter of Mr and Mrs G. F. Barnes, Errol, Dululu, was married to Charles David, only son of Mr and Mrs C. E. Nelson, Pine Street, Barcaldine. The Rev. Dr Walsh, Wowan, was the officiating clergyman. 

The bride, who entered the church with her father, who gave her away, wore a lovely frock of ivory bridal satin, made on classical lines, and featuring a long train, a lily of the valley spray at the neckline, and an Elizabethan quilted collar. Her beautiful waxed net veil, which was lent by Mrs Bolland, Ropeley, was held in place by a coronet of lilies of the valley. She carried an exquisite bouquet of frangipanni, dahlias, and stephanotis. 

The matron of honour, Mrs Bolland, sister of the bride, and two brides maids, Miss Barbara Nelson, sister of the bridegroom, and Miss Dulcie Jeffries, of Wowan, were daintily frocked alike in rose pink chiffon georgette, made with full swing skirts, trimmed with narrow ribbon. The tight-fitting bodices were also ribbon trimmed and featured Peter Pan collars. They wore shoulder veils of pink tulle finely embroidered in black, their accessories also being black. They carried bouquets of pink hydrangeas and gerberas, swathed in tulle and tied with satin ribbons. 

Mr P. Maher (Ayr) undertook the duties of best man. 

The wedding breakfast was held at Stewart's Cafe, which was artistically decorated in the bridesmaids' colours, a huge white wedding bell being suspended above the seats of the bridal couple. 

Dr Walsh, who presided, read a number of congratulatory telegrams. The usual toasts were honoured. The beautiful three-tiered wedding cake, which occupied pride of place, was made and decorated by Mrs W. Fuller, Dululu. Vases of beautiful flowers and ferns decked the tables.

The bride's mother, Mrs Barnes, received her guests in a becoming frock of floral mastic mariette with a hat to tone and she carried a posy of blue and cream hydrangeas and gerberas.

The bridegroom's mother, Mrs Nelson, chose a handsome frock of wine crepe de Chine, relieved with mastic. She wore a mastic hat to match and she carried a posy of red roses, dahlias, and gerberas. 

The bridegroom's gift to the bridesmaids were beaded handbags. The bride and bridegroom also exchanged suitable gifts. The bride and bridegroom left later for Brisbane and Coolangatta, where the honeymoon was spent, the bride travelling in a flecked suede crepe frock, embroidered in colours, with a black picture hat and accessories to tone. 

The future home of Mr and Mrs Nelson will be in Wowan. 
Family F705
 
4879 At least one living or private individual is linked to this note - Details withheld. Family F1312
 
4880 WEDDING BELLS
A VERY pretty wedding took place at Tarampa at 11.30 a.m. on the 8th instant, the contracting parties being Mr. William Litzow, second son of Mr. C. F. W. Litzow, and Miss Luey Schroder, seventh daughter of Mr. William Schroder, Tarampa. The ceremony was performed by the Rev. A. F. Schmidt, Baptist minister, of Minden. The bride was dressed in pink shot silk, trimmed with white satin and pearl beading, finished at waist with white silk sash; bodice with mitten flowers and white satin vest. The usual wreath and veil completed the toilet. The bridesmaids were Miss Amelia Marburg (first), who was dressed in cream cashmere, pink sash, and orange blossoms. Miss Augusta Litzow (second) wore an ash grey cashmere, green satin, and blue sash and spray of orange blossoms. The groomsmen were Messrs. Wilhelm Schroder (brother of the bride) and Adolph Schmidt. The gathering, which was a very large one, sat down to a splendid dinner, laid out in the good old German style. The Rev. Mr. Schmidt proposed the bride and bridegroom's health, which was responded to. The presents were numerous and useful. Games of the usual kind were played throughout the evening. The costumes were made by Miss A. Schmidt, Minden, and she deserves great credit for the taste displayed by her. Mr. B. Taylor, of the I.X.L. Studio, took several groups during the afternoon. 
Family F5929
 
4881 Wedding Bells
SCHOLES-PARTINGTON      
Encircling the bride as she walked up the aisle of the ancient church on the arm of her father were many revered memories of close family associations with the church since its inception dating back to the old pioneering days.
Artistically arranged masses and festoons of choice pink and white blooms, blended with varying shades of green asparagus and maidenhair fern, also floral arches. with the bride's and bridegroom's initials, surmounted by a huge wedding bell, greeted the bride, Miss Jessie Partington, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. W. J. Partington, of Willis Vale, Greensborough, on the occasion of her marriage to Mr. Gordon Scholes, son of Mr. and Mrs. Scholes, of Nell street, Greensborough. The Rev. Gordon Arthur, M.A., officiated. The wedding march and other selections were rendered by the church organist, Mr. F. Starling. During the signing of the register a solo was contributed by Mr. J. W. Medhurst, uncle of the bride.
The bride was charmingly gowned in white satin, with long flowing train, a brilliant clasp at the neck line with long sleeves finished with tiny buttons. Her worked tulle veil was caught to her head with a coronet of orange blossom and was lent by Mrs. Downie. Her beautiful shower bouquet was white cactus dahlias, water lillies and Cecil Brunner roses. The bride was attended by her cousin, Miss Amy Knapsey, who wore a frock of cream crepe moss satin made on simple lines, with wind swept frills. A shoulder spray of pink velvet flowers matched her halo of pink tulle and flowers. She carried a bouquet of pink cactus dahlias, pink tiger and water lilies and maidenhair ferns. Sweet little Mary Rose Medhurst (2 years old) acted as flower girl. She was dressed in a long gown of pink crepe de chine and tulle bow, with puff sleeves and pink ribbon in her hair, and she carried a basket of pink fairy roses. Mr. Hugh Scholes was best man.
The bride's mother wore a black and white ensemble, with black hat to match, and carried mauve asters and cream water lilies. The bridegroom's mother wore a black dress relieved with white and carried salmon cactus dahlias and blue delphiniums.  
The church was prettily decorated with floral arches, silver baskets and bowls of mixed flowers. Mrs. Partington entertained about 36 at a reception tea held at Miss W. Partington's. The couple left on their honeymoon. The going-away dress was blue and hat to match.

1935 'Family Notices.', Advertiser (Hurstbridge, Vic. : 1922 - 1939), 15 March, p. 2, viewed 11 March, 2012, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article56838253 
Family F897
 
4882 WEDDING BELLS - Mr Andrew Kleech, of Nathalia, and formerly of Tungamah, and Miss Elizabeth McIntyre, eldest daughter of Mrs Hempel, also a former resident of Tungamah, were joined in the bonds of matrimony on Tuesday last. The wedding took place in the Tungamah Presbyterian Church, Rev R Johnson, BA, performing the ceremony. A large number of guests and relatives were present. Mr and Mrs Kleech, who departed by the afternoon train on their honeymoon, were the recipients of hearty good wishes for their future happiness from a large circle of friends and acquaintances. The bride received a handsome lot of presents.

"The Tungamah & Lake Rowan Express and St James Gazette"
6 April 1899, page 2, column 3 
Family F40
 
4883 WEDDING BELLS 

WENCK-FLINT

At 8 a.m. on December 26, at St Vincent's Church, Wandal, a very pretty wedding was solemnised with Nuptial Mass, when Victor Laurie, eldest son of Mr and Mrs J. Wenck, Jambin, was married to Dorothy May, eldest daughter of Mr and Mrs J. Flint, James Street, Wandal. The Very Rev. Father J. Robinson, CM., officiated.

The bride, who entered the church with her father to the strains of the Wedding March played by Miss Mary Kerrigan, was frocked in ivory satin richly embroidered and featuring a long train. Her beautiful veil of pale green tulle, with a halo of satin flowers, was worked with true lovers' knots and satin flowers. She carried a bouquet of pink and white roses tied with white satin ribbon.

The bride was attended by four bridesmaids and two flower girls. The two chief bridesmaids, Misses Joan Meyers and Shirley Flint, wore pink taffeta frocks featuring shirred bodices and full puffed sleeves and fully flared skirts, hand-painted in shades of red and blue. The other bridesmaids, Misses Nellie and Evelyn Wenck, sisters of the bridegroom, wore blue taffeta frocks hand-painted in mauve and lavender. The bridesmaids wore floral crinoline straw hats to match and carried baskets of roses and maidenhair fern tied with satin streamers. The two flower girls, Elaine Steele and Evelyn Flint, wore long green frilled satin frocks with picoted edges and Early Victorian bonnets. They carried baskets of roses and maidenhair fern tied with bows and satin streamers. The bridegroom's gift to the bride was a wristlet watch and to the bridesmaids gold crosses and chains. The bride's gift to the bridegroom was a wallet.
  
The duties of best man were carried out by the bridegroom's brother, Mr John Wenck, and the bride's brother, Mr Kenneth Flint, was groomsman. During the signing of the register an Ave Maria was sung by Mrs Tait.

The reception was held at the home of the bride's parents, where the bride's mother received over 50 guests. Her dusty pink British crepe gown was embroidered in blue tonings with a hat to match and she carried a bouquet in cyclamen tonings. The bridegroom's mother wore a powder blue gown with a hat to match, and she carried an autumn-tinted bouquet. The decorations were carried out in the bridesmaids' colours by friends of the bride. The three-tiered cake was made by the bride's mother and iced on a cream ground with red roses, with a miniature bride on the top dressed in a similar fashion to the bride.

The bridal couple left for Bundaberg, where the honeymoon was spent. The bride travelled in a navy coat and skirt with white accessories. 
Family F86
 
4884 WEDDING.
Claydon-Wenck.
A pretty but quiet wedding was solemnised at Tallegalla Methodist Church, by Rev. T. J. Graham Wilson, on Saturday, October 20, the parties being W. George Claydon, eldest son of Mr. and Mrs. W. Claydon, Rosewood, and Sylvia, eldest daughter of Mr. and Mrs. A. Wenck, Coolana. The bride, who entered the church on the arm of her father, who gave her away, was gracefully attired in a white crepe-de-Chine frock, made on long classical lines, the bodice being prettily pin-tucked, with hand-made faggotted yoke, and two shoulder capes over long, tight- fitting sleeves. Her wreath was worn cap fashion and was composed of orange blossoms, pearls, and silver tulle, from which her veil hung in long graceful folds. She also carried a beautiful sheaf of Arum lilies, with long trail of fern, tied with tulle and satin streamers. As the bride left the church little Elva Yarrow presented her with a horse shoe, the work of Miss G. Brooks, She was attended by Miss Dolly Claydon as bridesmaid, who wore a powder blue glory crepe frock, ankle length, with two frills on the skirt and bodice, with hat to match. She also carried a lovely sheaf of pink gladioli and fern and wore a string of crystal beads, the gift of the bridegroom.
Mr. H. Claydon, brother of the bridegroom, attended as best man.
The bride's gift to the bridegroom was a wallet, and the bridegroom's gift to the bride was a pin-grained handbag. The best man received a set of sleeve links and studs.
The wedding breakfast was held at the residence of Mrs. W. Claydon, Rosewood, and the party on arrival was received by Mrs. W. Claydon. The room was nicely arranged with ferns and flowers and a beautiful two-tiered wedding cake adorned the bride's table, the cake being the work of the bridesmaid.
Rev. Graham Wilson occupied the chair and the usual toasts were honoured.
After the wedding breakfast Mr. and Mrs. G. Claydon left on a motoring tour to Burleigh Heads and parts of New South Wales, the bride travelling in a saxe blue crepe cotele, with mastic pleatings of georgette with mastic hat to tone. The bride's frocks were the work of the Grace Saloon, Ipswich, and the bridal bouquets were the work of Mrs. C. Rose, Gladstone. Mr. and Mrs. G. Claydon are to live at Rosewood. 
Family F42
 
4885 WEDDING.
Sankowsky-Verrall.
The marriage of Miss Ivy Verrall, eldest daughter of Mr. and Mrs. A. Verrall, "Prospect Hill," Walloon, and  Mr. Ivan Sankowsky, second son of the late Mr. and Mrs. C. Sankowsky, Bundaberg, took place in the Presbyterian Church, Bundaberg, on October 14. Rev. W. C. R. Moore officiated. The bride, who, in the absence of her father, was given away by her uncle, Mr. A. Thygesen, wore a trained frock of ivory bridal satin. The bodice featured a soft cowl neck-line, with an applique spray, worked in gold metal thread on each side of the front and down the sleeve to the elbow. The back of the bodice was neatly buttoned to the waist. The full swing skirt, with a train, fell gracefully in heavy folds. A top-knot of orange blossom made an effective finish to the beautifully hand-embroidered tulle veil lent by a friend, Mrs. Mervyn Richardson. The bridal bouquet was made up of statice, fern, roses, and carnations. The only ornament the bride wore was a string of pearls, the gift of Mrs. W. G. Gibson, Ascot. Miss Freda Ziemer was bridesmaid, and was daintily frocked in heaven blue taffeta, featuring a gathered blouse into a wide waist-band with edgings of neat pleatings. The V-shaped neck-line was edged with pleating, and the sleeves were fully puffed. The skirt was beautifully cut in a full swing effect, and fell into a small train, which was cutely formed by narrow pleating in the centre back. She carried a contrasting bouquet of pink roses and carnations, and wore a short veil and coronet of carnations. The little flower girl, Joan Thygesen (cousin), wore a delicate frock of lemon organdi over taffeta, with pin-tucked bodice and fully-puffed sleeves. The skirt was machine-smocked into the waist and pleated horse-shoes, with little blue bows, added a unique trimming. She wore a tulle bow of blue in her hair and carried a basket of blue daisies. Mr. E. Sankowsky (brother) was best man. Owing to the distance of the bride's parents and home, the reception was arranged by the bride's aunt, Mrs. A. Thygesen, who made and presented a beautifully-iced cake. Mrs. Sankowsky wore a smart ensemble for her travelling frock. Mr. and Mrs. Sankowsky will make their home at Berrembea, Wallavllle line. 
Family F5628
 
4886 WEDDINGS

At Christ Church, Murgon, on November 7, the Rev. C. H. Massey officiated at the marriage of Mr. Edward Peterson (youngest son of Mrs. A. C. Peterson, of Brisbane, and late of Murgon) to Miss Ena Jessie Spiller (youngest daughter of  Mr. and Mrs. J. H. Spiller, Murgon). Mrs. George-Castles presided at the organ. The bride, who was given away by [her] father, was attended by Misses Eva Peterson (sister of the bridegroom) and Doris Allen (Gympie) as bridesmaids. Mr. Max Rienecker (Murgon) carried out the duties of best man, and Mr. Jack Cavanagh (Wooroolin) acted as groomsman. At the conclusion of the ceremony about 45 guests were entertained at Gesler's Cafe (Murgon). Subsequently Mr. and Mrs. E. Peterson left by train for Brisbane and Tweed Heads, where the honeymoon will be spent. 
Family F5047
 
4887 WEDDINGS

Colston -- Spiller

The marriage of Mr. Arthur Hugh Fraser Colston (eldest son of the late Mr. and Mrs. A. Colston) and Miss Rose May Spiller (eldest daughter of Mr. and  Mrs. W. A. J. Spiller, Goomeri) took place in the Church of Christ, Kingaroy, on September 25. Pastor R. W. Payne officiated. Miss Thelma Payne was at the organ, and a vocal solo was given by Mrs. A. F. Davis. The bride, who was given away by her father, wore a trained gown of white crepe satin, with a Brussells net veil mounted on tulle. She carried white flowers. Green floral georgette, with cascading frills, was the choice of Misses Mary Henderson and Ruby Ellis, who were the bridesmaids. Their leghorn picture hats featured field flower trimmings, and they carried pink sweet peas and cream roses. The little Misses O. Splller and Beryl McIndoe were flower girls. Mr. R. Gallagher was best man, and Mr. Harold Spiller was the groomsman. On leaving for the honeymoon, which is being spent in Brisbane, Mrs. A. H. F. Colston wore navy crepe de Chine, with a hat to harmonise. 
Family F132
 
4888 WEDDINGS
Goodman-Jackwitz (Lowood).
--The marriage of Miss Helena (Lena) Jackwitz, youngest daughter of the late Mr. Hermann Jackwitz and Mrs. A. Jackwitz (Lowood), and Mr. William Henry Albert Goodman, only son of Mr. William Goodman and the late Mrs. Goodman, Lowood, took place at the Minden Baptist Manse shortly after noon on Saturday. Pastor Frewin officiated. The bride chose a street length saxe blue crepe frock, featuring a tunic effect, with wide folded tucks on the sleeves and bodice, and beading on the collar. She also wore a white hat, and carried a white handbag. Her accessories were white. She was attended by her sister, Mrs. F. Schulz, as matron of honour, who chose a street length frock of blue dull crepe, with navy hat and accessories. Mr. Herbert Jackwitz, brother of the bride, was best man. After the ceremony the bridal party motored to Ipswich to be photographed. The wedding breakfast was served on the spacious verandahs of the residence of the bridegroom's brother-in-law and sister, Mr. and Mrs. W. Vollbrecht. Streamers and garlands of antignon helped to brighten the enclosure. On the tables were vases of zinnias, dahlias, and gerberas. A two-tier wedding cake, made by the bridegroom's sister, Mrs. A. Neuendorf, and iced by Mrs. L. Schmunck, was placed on the bridal table. About 60 guests were entertained. The bride's mother, who will be 70 years old in August, was present. She wore a dress a black crepe de Chine, which was relieved with white buttons. Her accessories were black. Pastor Frewin presided at the breakfast. The usual toasts were honoured. Speakers were Pastor Frewin, Cr. W. J. Walters, Messrs. G. Lewis and C. Neuendorf. After the breakfast the younger members of the party enjoyed dancing, Mr. H. Dineen providing music. The bridal couple will live at the old home of the Goodman family. 
Family F1135
 
4889 WEDDINGS, Gierke-Neuendorff.
A pretty wedding was solemnised in the Zion Lutheran Church, Minden, on Saturday, September 30. The parties were Miss Ivy Neuendorff, only daughter of Mr. and Mrs. G. Neuendorff, Minden, and Mr. Harold Gierke, third son of Mr. and Mrs. F. Gierke, Prenzlau. Rev. H. E. Temme officiated, and Mr. E. Beduhn presided at the organ.
The bride, who entered the church on the arm of her father, who gave her away, wore a trained frock of white lace over satin. The bodice featured a heart-shaped neckline and was finished with satin buttons and buckle. The long tulle veil was made with pleated halo and was held in place by a narrow circlet of orange blossoms. She carried a bouquet of white woodpulp roses, asters, and azaleas, tied with white streamers. Miss Pearl Neuendorff, cousin of the bride, attended as bridesmaid. She wore a frock of green lace over satin made with a gathered bodice and long full skirt, and finished with small pink and green woodpulp roses. Her elbow-length green tulle veil was worn with a pleated halo, held in place by a trail of pink and green woodpulp roses. She carried a bouquet of pink woodpulp roses, asters, and azaleas, tied with pink streamers. Mr. Con. Gierke was best man. The reception was held at the home of the bridegroom's parents. A beautiful three-tiered wedding cake adorned the bride's table. Rev. H. E. Temme presided, and the usual toasts were honoured. The bride's frock was made by her aunt, Mrs. E. Purcell (Laidley). The bridesmaid's frock, the veils, and the bouquets were the work of the bridesmaid. The wedding cake was made by Mrs. A. Muller. Mr. and Mrs. H. Gierke's home will be at Marburg. 
Family F1145
 
4890 WEDDINGS.
Denman-Higgins.
St. Aidan's Church of England was the scene of a very pretty wedding, the parties being Mr. Edward Denman, elder son of Mr. and Mrs. W. T. Denman, Mutdapilly, and Miss Louisa May Higgins, only daughter of Mr. C. J. and the late Mrs. Higgins, Fordsdale. Rev. J. D. Anderson officiated. As the bride entered the church on the arm of Mr. Brimble (an old friend of the bride), who gave her away, the congregation sang "The Voice That Breathed O'er Eden." She wore a frock of ivory crepe-de-Chine, inset with lace, with hat to match, and carried a bouquet of white roses, daisies, and bridal fern. Miss Cecilia Wagner, niece of the bride, attended as bridesmaid, wearing a frock of pale blue crepe-de-Chine, relieved with white pleating and hat to tone. She carried a bouquet of gerberas and bridal fern. Mr. C. P. Denman (brother of the bridegroom) was best man. After the ceremony Rev. Anderson sang "Because." Mrs. Alexander presided at the organ.

The reception was held at the home of the bridegroom's parents, the verandah being decorated with foliage and rainbow-coloured streamers. The decorating had been supervised by Mrs. W. Morrow, aunt of the bridegroom. At night about 60 friends of the happy couple assembled at a euchre tournament and card party. Mr. W. Salmon supervised. A valuable trophy was presented by Mr. G. Clem, Ipswich, the winner being Mrs. F. Schafferius, Ingoldsby. Among the guests were the bridegroom's 78-year-old grandparents. 
Family F5892
 
4891 WEDDINGS.
Rossow-Albrecht. 
A quiet but pretty wedding was celebrated at the residence of Mr. and Mrs. Gigler, Grandchester, on May 8 (writes our Grandchester correspondent), when Mr. Leonard Rossow (third son of Mr. and Mrs. C. A. Rossow, of Calvert) was married to Miss Bertha Albrecht (oldest daughter of Mr. and Mrs. H. Albrecht, of Blenheim). Pastor Vallett officiated.

The bride was given away by her father. Misses Adela Rossow and Lena Albrecht acted as bridesmaids, and Messrs. A. Bliesner and Herman Albrecht as best man and groomsman respectively.

After the ceremony the guests were entertained at a wedding breakfast. A number of useful and valuable presents were received.

The future residence of Mr. and Mrs. Rossow will be at Tarong, in the Nanango district. 
Family F55
 
4892 WEDNESDAY, 14th JUNE.
At 3 o'Clock.
BRICK VILLA RESIDENCE,
"CRAIGLEITH",
23 Lewisham-road,
A Little North of Dandenong-road,
WINDSOR.
In the Estate of Mrs. Anderina Wilkinson,
Deceased.
J. R. BUXTON and Co., in conjunction with H. R. JONES, Estate Agent, 240 Dorcas-street, South -Melbourne, are instructed by the executor to sell by public auction, at their real estate auction room, 422 Collins-street, near Scott's Hotel, Melbourne--  
A very well built, roomy, commodious double-fronted detached brick villa, with tiled verandah, lawn and garden, both back and front, nice fernery, &c. The villa contains 8 rooms and vestibule, used as breakfast room; also hall, cross passage, pantry, bathroom, with Douglas heater, and lavatory, basin, &c. It is in nice order, and well fitted up, marble mantelpieces, cornices, &c.; Britannia one-fire stove and Douglas patent gas stove in kitchen; fine pantry, &c.; also detached wash house, wood and coal house, fowl house and run, &c. The land has 46 feet 9 inches frontage, by a depth of 143 feet 7½ inches, with pitched road, 11 feet wide, at rear and at side.
Anyone wanting a really nice home or investment, in a good position, should not fail to inspect this property, and attend the sale.
Title, certificate. Terms--cash within a month.  
Solicitors: Major and Armstrong, 28 Market-street.

1916 'Advertising.', The Age (Melbourne, Vic. : 1854 - 1954), 31 May, p. 2, viewed 14 February, 2016, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article155076915 
OXLEY, Anderina (I9830)
 
4893 Weekly Times (Melbourne, Vic. : 1869 - 1954), Saturday 7 June 1902, page 15

An employee at the Moe Swamp Works, named John Shaw, was found dead in his tent last week, having died from heart disease. Deceased leaves a widow and eight young children at Moondarra. 
SHAW, John Norman (I10526)
 
4894 Weise-Kubler.
LOWOOD, January 15.
The first wedding to be celebrated in the new St. Mark's Evangelical Lutheran Church, Park-street, Lowood, took place on Saturday afternoon, when Norman O., third son of Mr. and Mrs. O. Weise, of Lowood, and Gladys Evelyn, second daughter of Mr. and Mrs. M. Kubler, Toogoolawah (formerly of Coochin Coochln) were married. Rev. T. E. Mirtschin officiated, and Mrs. Mirtschin played the "Wedding March" and the "Bridal March" on the organ. The "Voice That Breathed O'er Eden" was sung. Friends of the bride had decorated the church with vases of frangipanni.

The bride, who was given away by Mr. George Weise, looked graceful in a long-sleeved trained frock of ivory brocaded matelasse. The bodice featured a heart-shaped neck, shirring on the shoulders, a row of tiny self-covered buttons, and loops from neckline to waist. The long sleeves were finished with points over the back of the hands. Sprays of orange blossoms and buds were fastened on either side of the neckline, and tiny sprays were stitched around the edge of the train. A coronet of orange buds and blossoms held the handsomely embroidered floor-length cream tulle veil into position. The bride's only ornament was a string of crystals, the gift of the bridegroom. She carried a sheaf of frangipanni, set in croton leaves and giant maidenhair fern, and tied with white satin streamers. She was attended by Miss Dulcie Feldhahn, Lowood, as bridesmaid, who was frocked in pale pink Swiss embroidered anglaise made with short puff sleeves, wasp waist, and bouffant skirt. It was worn over rose pink taffeta. A huge bustle of pink taffeta fell into a trailing train. A top-knot of pink and blue hyacinth flowers held her shoulder length veil into position. A spray of the same flowers was pinned at the neck of her frock. She carried a bouquet of autumn-tinted gladioli, pink carnations, and roses set in croton leaves and a silver holder. This was tied with pale pink satin ribbons. Mr. E. Weise was best man.

The reception was held at the residence of the bridegroom's parents, where Mrs. Weise received her guests wearing a frock of saxe blue floral silk linen. Her accessories toned. About 50 guests were entertained on the enclosed verandah, which was decorated in a colour scheme of pink, white, and evergreens. A beautiful two-tiered diamond shaped wedding cake was at the head of the table. It was the work of Mrs. A. Towerton, Ipswich. Pastor Mirtschin presided, and a toast list was completed. The speakers were: Rev. Mirtschin, Messrs. N. Weise, E. Weise, J. Penman (Ipswich), and A. Towerton (Ipswich).

The bride's gift to the bridegroom was a pair of gold sleeve links. The bridesmaid received a crystal powder bowl and the best man gold sleeve links.

After the reception the party was entertained with accordion music by Messrs. R. Klee and A. Luck.

Mr. and Mrs. N. O. Weise left on a tour of the Darling Downs. Mrs. Weise donned an ensemble of navy novelty cloque, with a multi-coloured vestee. Her accessories were navy. The couple will make their home near Lowood. 
Family F2000
 
4895 WELLADSEN - CHEESLEY
A quiet wedding was celebrated at St. Luke's Church, Wodonga on Saturday last when Mr. Nicole [Niels] Christian Welladsen, of Barnawarth[a], and Miss Lillian May Cheesley, of Middle Indigo, were united in the bonds of holy matrimony. The Rev. F. J. Abe, M. A., was the officiating clergyman. 
Family F298
 
4896 WELLADSEN, James Alexander
Location: Plan: 8 Section: 8 Row: EE Lot: 28
Albury Glenmorus Memorial Gardens
54 Glenmorus Street, (end of Union Rd)
North Albury 
WELLADSEN, James Alexander "Jim" (I967)
 
4897 WELLS, Delphine, late of Sandgate, formerly of Clontarf. Passed away on the 19.12.2002.
Aged 86 Years
Beloved Wife of Bryan (Bill/Lofty). Loved Sister-in-law and Aunt of Frank Evans and Family and Gwen and Rolly Eberle and Family.
Relatives and Friends are invited to attend Delphine's Funeral Service which is to be held in the Lakeview Chapel of Albany Creek Crematorium, Albany Creek Road, Bridgeman Downs on Tuesday, 24.12.2002 at 11 a.m.
Metropolitan Funerals, Redcliffe - 3284 3799. Proudly Australian Owned

WELLS, Delphine.
Officers, Brethren and Ladies of the Peninsula Daylight Lodge No. 522 UGLQ are invited to attend the Cremation Service of the late Delphine, Wife of Bro Bryan as per Family Notice in today's Courier Mail 
RICHES, Delphine (I265)
 
4898 Wembury House LOCKYER, Major Edmund (I470)
 
4899 WENCK (nee Berlin), Stella Hilda, aged 74 years, of One Mile. Passed away peacefully 9th November, 2006, at Ipswich Hospital. 
Beloved wife of the late Raymond Wenck, dearly loved mother and mother-in-law of Dianne and Peter Simpson, Russell Wenck, Julie and Robert Barry, Mark and Kathy Haviland, Annette and Kevin Weller, loving grandmother and great-grandmother of their families, dear friend of Graham Sartin and a loved sister, sister-in-law and aunt.
Relatives and friends are respectfully invited to attend STELLA'S Funeral Service, to be held at 12 midday MONDAY (13th November, 2006), in the Chapel of Centenary Memorial Gardens, 353 Wacol Station Road, Sumner. LEN RUSSELL Phone 3812 3122 100% Australian - Family Owned Location: Ipswich | Published Date: 11 Nov 2006 
BERLIN, Stella Hilda (I3592)
 
4900 Wenck, Barbara Elizabeth
Passed away peacefully on the 25th September, 2017.
Please see later edition of the Morning Bulletin for full funeral details. 
COOK, Barbara Elizabeth (I3974)
 

      «Prev «1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 Next»