Notes


Matches 4,651 to 4,700 of 4,851

      «Prev «1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 Next»

 #   Notes   Linked to 
4651 WALKLATE. Spencer Henry - October 30, at his residence, Port Macquarie, beloved husband of May Hope Walklate and loved father of Garfield and Mavis WALKLATE, Spencer Henry John William (I924)
 
4652 WALKLATE.-August 18, 1940 (suddenly) at her residence, 34 Harp Road, Kew, Melbourne, Anne Willoughby, the dearly loved wife of John Wolfe, and loving mother of Ruby (Mrs. J. W Christopher), Harold (A.I.F., deceased), Rev. Cyril J., Vivian E., and Wilfrid E., of Sydney. Aged 85 years. WHITELAW, Anne Willoughby (I2470)
 
4653 WALKLATE.-On December 15, at the residence of her daughter, 49 George street, East Melbourne, Lucy Martha, beloved wife of the late Henry Walklate (late of Tasmania), loving mother of Eric, Spencer, Horrace, Gordon (deceased), Myra (Mrs. Ling), Eunice (Mrs. Palmer), Geoffrey, and Dulcie (Mrs. French), aged 82 years. -Lovely days we had together. Loving memories will never die. (Inserted by her devoted daughter, Mrs. C. F. Palmer.)

WALKLATE. - On December 15, Lucy Martha, darling mother of Dulcie, and much loved mother-in-law of Carl French. -The dews of heaven fall thick with blessings on her memory. 
ATKINS, Lucy Martha (I927)
 
4654 WALKLATE.-On March 29, at 10 Torrington place, Canterbury, Beatrice Ellen, wife of late William Petchy, loved mother of Mavis (Mrs Yeo), Enid (Mrs Cox), and Ione (Mrs Keen). LUND, Beatrice Ellen (I2575)
 
4655 WALKLATE.-On the 14th December, at the residence of her daughter, Mrs. Stuart Jamieson, Airlie, Wingrove street, Alphington, Ann, widow of the late J. W. Walklate, loving mother of John, Alice (Mrs. Jamieson), Emma (Mrs. Higgs), Henry, and William, aged 91 years. GANGELL, Ann Dorothy (I930)
 
4656 At least one living or private individual is linked to this note - Details withheld. Family F1363
 
4657 Wangaratta Cemetery
Roman Catholic No. 1 - Plot No. 468N
No headstone 
LENNON, Thomas Alexander (I30)
 
4658 Wangaratta Hospital LENNON, Thomas Alexander (I30)
 
4659 WARD: Arthur Risdale
Aged 77 years.
Late of Hervey Bay formerly of Camira, Queensland. Passed away peacefully at St Stephen's Hospital, Hervey Bay on Sunday, 21st January, 2018.
Much loved husband of Glen. Dearly loved father and father-in-law of Aaron & Sarah and Jane. Loving grandfather of 9 grandchildren.
At Rest
Family and friends of Arthur are invited to attend a celebration of his life to be held at the Fraser Coast Crematorium and Bayside Memorial Gardens on Monday, 29th January, 2018 commencing at 10:00 am. In lieu of flowers donations to the Cancer Council would be appreciated, envelopes at the service.
Ross Funerals, Hervey Bay 
WARD, Arthur Risdale (I3209)
 
4660 Warragul Cemetery
Church of England
Headstone
Died June 21 1958, 73 years
grave 22W 
RICHARDSON, James (I5504)
 
4661 Warragul Cemetery
J Richardson
Church of England
unmarked grave 318
no date 
RICHARDSON, James (I3061)
 
4662 Warragul Cemetery
Richardson, Susan E
23 Jun 1925 (not known if death or burial date)
Church of England
Grave 332, unmarked 
SIMMONDS, Susan Emily (I3057)
 
4663 Warrill Park Cemetery WEISE, Norman Otto (I3331)
 
4664 Warrill Park Lawn Cemetery GOODMAN, Mary Ellen (I1413)
 
4665 Warrill Park Lawn Cemetery NEUENDORF, Arthur (I3429)
 
4666 Warrill Park Lawn Cemetery SCHMUNCK, Mary Martha (I4152)
 
4667 Warrill Park Lawn Cemetery HEIT, Violet (I5932)
 
4668 Warrill Park Lawn Cemetery KÜBLER, Gladys Evelyn (I6018)
 
4669 Warrill Park Lawn Cemetery JOSEFSKI, William Edward (I6065)
 
4670 Warrill Park Lawn Cemetery SCHULTZ, Hermann Gustave (I6507)
 
4671 Warwick Cemetery LARSEN, Emmy Johanna Marie (I5492)
 
4672 Warwick Cemetery, Lawn section LARSEN, Edward (I2668)
 
4673 Warwick Daily News (Qld. : 1919 -1954), Friday 3 November 1933, page 1

TRAFFIC
Modern Needs
Footpaths for Pedestrians
Roads for Vehicles

BUNDABERG, Thursday.-- "Motor traffic has come to stay, and it is up to the public to appreciate the modern trend of progress and to use the footpaths," declared Mr. Justice T. Brennan, in the Circuit Court to-day.
The time would come, he added, when action would have to be taken to force the people to use the footpaths. The old views never seemed to alter. We were not living in the stone age now in regard to traffic.
Only recently, his Honour proceeded, he had had occasion to tell the Commissioner for Railways to modernise his out of date engine headlights.
His Honour's comment followed a case in which August Gollschewsky pleaded guilty to having driven a motor car in such a manner as to cause bodily harm to a youth, Charles Heathwood, on July 16 last.
Defendant was discharged, his counsel having informed the court that all expenses in connection with the accident had been paid by the defendant.

1933 'TRAFFIC', Warwick Daily News (Qld. : 1919 -1954), 3 November, p. 1. , viewed 23 Dec 2016, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article177369909 
GOLLSCHEWSKY, August Ferdinand (I6076)
 
4674 Warwick Hospital SMITH, Ivan Arthur (I8141)
 
4675 Warwick Lawn Cemetery SMITH, Ivan Arthur (I8141)
 
4676 At least one living or private individual is linked to this note - Details withheld. Family F5334
 
4677 Was about 92 - year of death unknown LYNAM, Patrick (I184)
 
4678 Was convicted on 17 May 1832 of theft and simple larceny and arrived on the Fanny 2 which had sailed from Downs 29 July 1832. Her term was 14 years. TOOTELL, Elizabeth (I2088)
 
4679 Was not listed on 1841 census taken on 7 June. COLSTON, Jemima (I469)
 
4680 Was published at
http://users.bigpond.net.au/gdaven/
but this is no longer a valid link [April 2010]. 
Source (S333)
 
4681 Was top of his class - specialised in reinforced concrete.
Worked in Australia building Avalon Airport (opened March 3, 1953, runway constructed by Commonwealth Department of Works), worked for BHP, Burnie. 
HAUNSTRUP, Svend (I916)
 
4682 Waugh Road Monumental Cemetery
Plan 14, Section AO, Row G, Plot No 6 
KNOBEL, Philipbena (I446)
 
4683 Waverley Cemetery ROWE, Eliza (I1331)
 
4684 We sincerely regret having to record the death of Mrs George Scott, wife of Mr George Scott of Kilgour Street, Chiltern, which sad event occurred at her late residence early on Sunday morning last. The immediate cause of death was haematemesis supervening on influenza. Deceased, who was sixty-seven years old, was a native of Somersetshire, England, and had been in the colony about forty years. About four weeks ago she, who had practically not known sickness previously, contracted influenza and a week later had to take to her bed. All that medical skill could do was unavailing and her end came as stated. Her remains were interred in the Chiltern New Cemetery on Monday afternoon. The funeral service was impressively read at the grave by the Rev F Lade who also paid a tribute to the probity and Christian character of the deceased. The funeral arrangements were capably conducted by Mr R Wappet. Great sympathy is felt for the husband and family left to mourn their loss. SCOTT, Charlotte (I1802)
 
4685 WEDDING
Hunter-Marshall. - The marriage of Miss Alethea Riches Marshall to Mr. Kenneth Alexander Hunter (Mackay), which was solemnised at St. Paul's Church of England by Rev. H. Kestell Cornish, assisted by Rev. James Hardman, created interest in Ipswich and Mackay.

The bride was gowned in dropped-stitch lace with a draped bodice caught at the back with four pearls, two-tiered circular skirt, short puffed sleeves, and finger-tip cut tulle veil, with natural flower side-sprays. Her bridesmaids, Misses Gwalla Edmunds and Hazel Collet, wore silver bodices and two-tiered Brussels net skirts made on the same lines as the bride's. A novel floral rope arrangement comprised the bouquets carried by the bride and bridesmaids. Hand-made green net roses with silver sequin head-bands comprised the head-dresses of the bridesmaids.

Mr. Lex Larsen was best man and Mr. Darell Greenfield groomsman.

The bride was given away by her uncle, Mr Selwyn Krebs, of Brisbane.

During the signing of the register Mrs. Ray Jones played the organ, and "Love's Coronation" was sung by Mr. George Bishop. The church was decorated by Mesdames J. Hardman and H. Mensforth.

The wedding reception was held at St. Paul's Hall, where the bride's mother, Mrs. R. Marshall, was hostess, assisted by the mother of the groom, Mrs. M. Hunter. Mrs. Marshall was frocked in beige silk lace, with Burgundy accessories and deep wine bouquet. Mrs. Hunter chose saxe blue with black accessories and gold-tinted bouquet. As "something old" the bride wore an aquamarine pendant which was worn by her mother on her wedding day. The diamond-shaped wedding cake, which featured three tiers iced in pale pink, with a design of miniature roses and green butterflies, was the work of the bride.

The honeymoon was spent at Noosa. 
Family F2069
 
4686 WEDDING
Krebs--Miller
At St. Stephen's Presbyterian Church, Toowoomba, on January 6th. Captain A. A. Krebs (A.I.F.), second son of Mrs M. Krebs, Palmwoods, and the late Mr. Krebs, was married to Corporal E. M. Miller, A.A.M.W.S., only daughter of Mrs. T. Rooks, Campbell Street. The Rev. N. H. Jougin officiated.

The bride, who was given away by her grandfather, Mr. G. Ford, senr. (Linthorpe) wore a wedding gown of white silk embossel krinkle crepe over parchment taffeta. Her veil, which was lent by her aunt (Mrs. R. Stower) was softly held in place by a spray of orange blossom. She carried a shower bouquet of lilies of the valley and for "something old" wore a gold brooch, which had been worn by the bridegroom's grandmother on her wedding day. The bridegroom's two sisters, Misses Marie and Brenda Krebs, who attended the bride, were frocked in blue and green hail spot net over satin, respectively. Their tulle veils were caught to the head with trails of pink flowers, and their bouquets were of pink and blue hydrangea, charm dahlias, asters and gladioli. The bridegroom's brother, Mr. H. F. Krebs (Bulimba), was best man, and Mr. E. C. Miller (Linthorpe) groomsman.

The reception was held at the Cafe Alexandra, where the guests were received by Mrs. T. Rooks (mother of the bride), and later in the evening, guests and intimate friends were entertained at the residence of the bride's aunt (Mrs. T. Vidler).

The three-tier wedding cake was a gift from the bridegroom's mother. Mrs. Harper (Toowoomba) was responsible for the bouquets. Mrs. J. Kuskopf (Bulimba) for the bride's frock, and Mrs. H. Hobson (Palmwoods) the bridesmaids' frocks.

The honeymoon was spent at Coolangatta. 
Family F5548
 
4687 WEDDING
McFARLAND-WELLADSEN
The marriage of Ronald, fourth son of the late Mr and Mrs S. McFarland, of Hurstville, Sydney, and Bertine [Bettine] second daughter of Mr and Mrs Neil Welladsen, of Wodonga West, took place in Albury on Saturday.
The officiating clergyman was Rev Hillman.
Mr Frank McFarland, brother of bridegroom, was best man, while Miss Jean Welladsen acted as bridesmaid to her sister.
The young couple are spending their honeymoon in Sydney.
They will reside at Wondonga West. 
Family F322
 
4688 At least one living or private individual is linked to this note - Details withheld. Family F102
 
4689 WEDDING BELLS

BARNES-DUNN

A wedding of considerable interest to a large circle of friends was solemnised at St Anne's Roman Catholic Church, Wowan, at 1 p.m. on Wednesday, May 22, when Catherine Margaret, second daughter of Mr and Mrs K. Dunn, Killarney, Wowan, was married to John Kelvin, only son of Mr and Mrs C. Barnes, Errol, Dululu.

Father Anderson was the officiating priest. Mrs W. Dunn presided at the organ, and Miss Maureen Hayman sang an Ave Maria during the signing of the register.

The tall, graceful bride looked charming as she entered the church with her father, who gave her away. She wore a beautiful gown of magnolia satin made on classical lines, the flared skirt extending into a long train. The bodice featured long sleeves extending in points over her hands, a large quilted collar, and pearl trimmings, and was finished at the neckline with a spray of lilies of the valley. Her beautifully embroidered tulle veil, lent by the bride's cousin, Mrs J. Ball, was worn with a coronet of lilies of the valley. She carried a shower bouquet of eucharis lilies, white chrysanthemums, and gladioli, arranged with white satin ribbons.

Miss Molly Dunn, sister of the bride, who attended as bridesmaid, wore a pretty frock of blue stiffened lace over satin. The swing skirt was edged with a pleated frill of the material and was trimmed with blue velvet bands and the gathered bodice showed tiny velvet bows on the puffed sleeves. Her blue veil was worn with a headdress of pink roses and carnations arranged with blue tulle and tied with pink satin ribbons. Mr Jack Dunn (brother of the bride) attended as best man.

As the bride left the church a white satin horseshoe was placed on her arm by her nephew, John Dunn.

About 60 guests were present at the reception held later at the Blue Bird cafe, which was tastefully decorated in the bridesmaid's colours (pink and blue). Father Anderson presided.

Mrs E. Dunn, mother of the bride, chose a navy crepe romaine frock trimmed with bands of ruching and finished at the neckline with cream lace-frilling and a gold ornament. With it she wore a navy Baku hat and she carried a bouquet of red gerberas and ferns arranged with red tulle. 

Mrs Barnes, mother of the bridegroom wore a frock of navy crepe riche, finished at the neckline with white gardenias. She added a small white hat finished with a navy veil, and she carried a bouquet of red roses.

When leaving for the honeymoon, which is being spent in Yeppoon, the bride wore a frock of snapdragon crepe suede made with a circular pleated skirt, the bodice featuring diagonal pintuckings and black buttons. Her large black hat of Neora straw was finished with veiling and white flowers. 
Family F5891
 
4690 WEDDING BELLS

NELSON-BARNES

A very pretty wedding to considerable interest to Dululu and the surrounding districts was celebrated recently in St Joseph's Cathedral, Rockhampton, when Berenice Olive, younger daughter of Mr and Mrs G. F. Barnes, Errol, Dululu, was married to Charles David, only son of Mr and Mrs C. E. Nelson, Pine Street, Barcaldine. The Rev. Dr Walsh, Wowan, was the officiating clergyman. 

The bride, who entered the church with her father, who gave her away, wore a lovely frock of ivory bridal satin, made on classical lines, and featuring a long train, a lily of the valley spray at the neckline, and an Elizabethan quilted collar. Her beautiful waxed net veil, which was lent by Mrs Bolland, Ropeley, was held in place by a coronet of lilies of the valley. She carried an exquisite bouquet of frangipanni, dahlias, and stephanotis. 

The matron of honour, Mrs Bolland, sister of the bride, and two brides maids, Miss Barbara Nelson, sister of the bridegroom, and Miss Dulcie Jeffries, of Wowan, were daintily frocked alike in rose pink chiffon georgette, made with full swing skirts, trimmed with narrow ribbon. The tight-fitting bodices were also ribbon trimmed and featured Peter Pan collars. They wore shoulder veils of pink tulle finely embroidered in black, their accessories also being black. They carried bouquets of pink hydrangeas and gerberas, swathed in tulle and tied with satin ribbons. 

Mr P. Maher (Ayr) undertook the duties of best man. 

The wedding breakfast was held at Stewart's Cafe, which was artistically decorated in the bridesmaids' colours, a huge white wedding bell being suspended above the seats of the bridal couple. 

Dr Walsh, who presided, read a number of congratulatory telegrams. The usual toasts were honoured. The beautiful three-tiered wedding cake, which occupied pride of place, was made and decorated by Mrs W. Fuller, Dululu. Vases of beautiful flowers and ferns decked the tables.

The bride's mother, Mrs Barnes, received her guests in a becoming frock of floral mastic mariette with a hat to tone and she carried a posy of blue and cream hydrangeas and gerberas.

The bridegroom's mother, Mrs Nelson, chose a handsome frock of wine crepe de Chine, relieved with mastic. She wore a mastic hat to match and she carried a posy of red roses, dahlias, and gerberas. 

The bridegroom's gift to the bridesmaids were beaded handbags. The bride and bridegroom also exchanged suitable gifts. The bride and bridegroom left later for Brisbane and Coolangatta, where the honeymoon was spent, the bride travelling in a flecked suede crepe frock, embroidered in colours, with a black picture hat and accessories to tone. 

The future home of Mr and Mrs Nelson will be in Wowan. 
Family F705
 
4691 At least one living or private individual is linked to this note - Details withheld. Family F1312
 
4692 WEDDING BELLS
A VERY pretty wedding took place at Tarampa at 11.30 a.m. on the 8th instant, the contracting parties being Mr. William Litzow, second son of Mr. C. F. W. Litzow, and Miss Luey Schroder, seventh daughter of Mr. William Schroder, Tarampa. The ceremony was performed by the Rev. A. F. Schmidt, Baptist minister, of Minden. The bride was dressed in pink shot silk, trimmed with white satin and pearl beading, finished at waist with white silk sash; bodice with mitten flowers and white satin vest. The usual wreath and veil completed the toilet. The bridesmaids were Miss Amelia Marburg (first), who was dressed in cream cashmere, pink sash, and orange blossoms. Miss Augusta Litzow (second) wore an ash grey cashmere, green satin, and blue sash and spray of orange blossoms. The groomsmen were Messrs. Wilhelm Schroder (brother of the bride) and Adolph Schmidt. The gathering, which was a very large one, sat down to a splendid dinner, laid out in the good old German style. The Rev. Mr. Schmidt proposed the bride and bridegroom's health, which was responded to. The presents were numerous and useful. Games of the usual kind were played throughout the evening. The costumes were made by Miss A. Schmidt, Minden, and she deserves great credit for the taste displayed by her. Mr. B. Taylor, of the I.X.L. Studio, took several groups during the afternoon. 
Family F5929
 
4693 Wedding Bells
SCHOLES-PARTINGTON      
Encircling the bride as she walked up the aisle of the ancient church on the arm of her father were many revered memories of close family associations with the church since its inception dating back to the old pioneering days.
Artistically arranged masses and festoons of choice pink and white blooms, blended with varying shades of green asparagus and maidenhair fern, also floral arches. with the bride's and bridegroom's initials, surmounted by a huge wedding bell, greeted the bride, Miss Jessie Partington, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. W. J. Partington, of Willis Vale, Greensborough, on the occasion of her marriage to Mr. Gordon Scholes, son of Mr. and Mrs. Scholes, of Nell street, Greensborough. The Rev. Gordon Arthur, M.A., officiated. The wedding march and other selections were rendered by the church organist, Mr. F. Starling. During the signing of the register a solo was contributed by Mr. J. W. Medhurst, uncle of the bride.
The bride was charmingly gowned in white satin, with long flowing train, a brilliant clasp at the neck line with long sleeves finished with tiny buttons. Her worked tulle veil was caught to her head with a coronet of orange blossom and was lent by Mrs. Downie. Her beautiful shower bouquet was white cactus dahlias, water lillies and Cecil Brunner roses. The bride was attended by her cousin, Miss Amy Knapsey, who wore a frock of cream crepe moss satin made on simple lines, with wind swept frills. A shoulder spray of pink velvet flowers matched her halo of pink tulle and flowers. She carried a bouquet of pink cactus dahlias, pink tiger and water lilies and maidenhair ferns. Sweet little Mary Rose Medhurst (2 years old) acted as flower girl. She was dressed in a long gown of pink crepe de chine and tulle bow, with puff sleeves and pink ribbon in her hair, and she carried a basket of pink fairy roses. Mr. Hugh Scholes was best man.
The bride's mother wore a black and white ensemble, with black hat to match, and carried mauve asters and cream water lilies. The bridegroom's mother wore a black dress relieved with white and carried salmon cactus dahlias and blue delphiniums.  
The church was prettily decorated with floral arches, silver baskets and bowls of mixed flowers. Mrs. Partington entertained about 36 at a reception tea held at Miss W. Partington's. The couple left on their honeymoon. The going-away dress was blue and hat to match.

1935 'Family Notices.', Advertiser (Hurstbridge, Vic. : 1922 - 1939), 15 March, p. 2, viewed 11 March, 2012, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article56838253 
Family F897
 
4694 WEDDING BELLS - Mr Andrew Kleech, of Nathalia, and formerly of Tungamah, and Miss Elizabeth McIntyre, eldest daughter of Mrs Hempel, also a former resident of Tungamah, were joined in the bonds of matrimony on Tuesday last. The wedding took place in the Tungamah Presbyterian Church, Rev R Johnson, BA, performing the ceremony. A large number of guests and relatives were present. Mr and Mrs Kleech, who departed by the afternoon train on their honeymoon, were the recipients of hearty good wishes for their future happiness from a large circle of friends and acquaintances. The bride received a handsome lot of presents.

"The Tungamah & Lake Rowan Express and St James Gazette"
6 April 1899, page 2, column 3 
Family F40
 
4695 WEDDING BELLS 

WENCK-FLINT

At 8 a.m. on December 26, at St Vincent's Church, Wandal, a very pretty wedding was solemnised with Nuptial Mass, when Victor Laurie, eldest son of Mr and Mrs J. Wenck, Jambin, was married to Dorothy May, eldest daughter of Mr and Mrs J. Flint, James Street, Wandal. The Very Rev. Father J. Robinson, CM., officiated.

The bride, who entered the church with her father to the strains of the Wedding March played by Miss Mary Kerrigan, was frocked in ivory satin richly embroidered and featuring a long train. Her beautiful veil of pale green tulle, with a halo of satin flowers, was worked with true lovers' knots and satin flowers. She carried a bouquet of pink and white roses tied with white satin ribbon.

The bride was attended by four bridesmaids and two flower girls. The two chief bridesmaids, Misses Joan Meyers and Shirley Flint, wore pink taffeta frocks featuring shirred bodices and full puffed sleeves and fully flared skirts, hand-painted in shades of red and blue. The other bridesmaids, Misses Nellie and Evelyn Wenck, sisters of the bridegroom, wore blue taffeta frocks hand-painted in mauve and lavender. The bridesmaids wore floral crinoline straw hats to match and carried baskets of roses and maidenhair fern tied with satin streamers. The two flower girls, Elaine Steele and Evelyn Flint, wore long green frilled satin frocks with picoted edges and Early Victorian bonnets. They carried baskets of roses and maidenhair fern tied with bows and satin streamers. The bridegroom's gift to the bride was a wristlet watch and to the bridesmaids gold crosses and chains. The bride's gift to the bridegroom was a wallet.
  
The duties of best man were carried out by the bridegroom's brother, Mr John Wenck, and the bride's brother, Mr Kenneth Flint, was groomsman. During the signing of the register an Ave Maria was sung by Mrs Tait.

The reception was held at the home of the bride's parents, where the bride's mother received over 50 guests. Her dusty pink British crepe gown was embroidered in blue tonings with a hat to match and she carried a bouquet in cyclamen tonings. The bridegroom's mother wore a powder blue gown with a hat to match, and she carried an autumn-tinted bouquet. The decorations were carried out in the bridesmaids' colours by friends of the bride. The three-tiered cake was made by the bride's mother and iced on a cream ground with red roses, with a miniature bride on the top dressed in a similar fashion to the bride.

The bridal couple left for Bundaberg, where the honeymoon was spent. The bride travelled in a navy coat and skirt with white accessories. 
Family F86
 
4696 WEDDING.
Claydon-Wenck.
A pretty but quiet wedding was solemnised at Tallegalla Methodist Church, by Rev. T. J. Graham Wilson, on Saturday, October 20, the parties being W. George Claydon, eldest son of Mr. and Mrs. W. Claydon, Rosewood, and Sylvia, eldest daughter of Mr. and Mrs. A. Wenck, Coolana. The bride, who entered the church on the arm of her father, who gave her away, was gracefully attired in a white crepe-de-Chine frock, made on long classical lines, the bodice being prettily pin-tucked, with hand-made faggotted yoke, and two shoulder capes over long, tight- fitting sleeves. Her wreath was worn cap fashion and was composed of orange blossoms, pearls, and silver tulle, from which her veil hung in long graceful folds. She also carried a beautiful sheaf of Arum lilies, with long trail of fern, tied with tulle and satin streamers. As the bride left the church little Elva Yarrow presented her with a horse shoe, the work of Miss G. Brooks, She was attended by Miss Dolly Claydon as bridesmaid, who wore a powder blue glory crepe frock, ankle length, with two frills on the skirt and bodice, with hat to match. She also carried a lovely sheaf of pink gladioli and fern and wore a string of crystal beads, the gift of the bridegroom.
Mr. H. Claydon, brother of the bridegroom, attended as best man.
The bride's gift to the bridegroom was a wallet, and the bridegroom's gift to the bride was a pin-grained handbag. The best man received a set of sleeve links and studs.
The wedding breakfast was held at the residence of Mrs. W. Claydon, Rosewood, and the party on arrival was received by Mrs. W. Claydon. The room was nicely arranged with ferns and flowers and a beautiful two-tiered wedding cake adorned the bride's table, the cake being the work of the bridesmaid.
Rev. Graham Wilson occupied the chair and the usual toasts were honoured.
After the wedding breakfast Mr. and Mrs. G. Claydon left on a motoring tour to Burleigh Heads and parts of New South Wales, the bride travelling in a saxe blue crepe cotele, with mastic pleatings of georgette with mastic hat to tone. The bride's frocks were the work of the Grace Saloon, Ipswich, and the bridal bouquets were the work of Mrs. C. Rose, Gladstone. Mr. and Mrs. G. Claydon are to live at Rosewood. 
Family F42
 
4697 WEDDING.
Sankowsky-Verrall.
The marriage of Miss Ivy Verrall, eldest daughter of Mr. and Mrs. A. Verrall, "Prospect Hill," Walloon, and  Mr. Ivan Sankowsky, second son of the late Mr. and Mrs. C. Sankowsky, Bundaberg, took place in the Presbyterian Church, Bundaberg, on October 14. Rev. W. C. R. Moore officiated. The bride, who, in the absence of her father, was given away by her uncle, Mr. A. Thygesen, wore a trained frock of ivory bridal satin. The bodice featured a soft cowl neck-line, with an applique spray, worked in gold metal thread on each side of the front and down the sleeve to the elbow. The back of the bodice was neatly buttoned to the waist. The full swing skirt, with a train, fell gracefully in heavy folds. A top-knot of orange blossom made an effective finish to the beautifully hand-embroidered tulle veil lent by a friend, Mrs. Mervyn Richardson. The bridal bouquet was made up of statice, fern, roses, and carnations. The only ornament the bride wore was a string of pearls, the gift of Mrs. W. G. Gibson, Ascot. Miss Freda Ziemer was bridesmaid, and was daintily frocked in heaven blue taffeta, featuring a gathered blouse into a wide waist-band with edgings of neat pleatings. The V-shaped neck-line was edged with pleating, and the sleeves were fully puffed. The skirt was beautifully cut in a full swing effect, and fell into a small train, which was cutely formed by narrow pleating in the centre back. She carried a contrasting bouquet of pink roses and carnations, and wore a short veil and coronet of carnations. The little flower girl, Joan Thygesen (cousin), wore a delicate frock of lemon organdi over taffeta, with pin-tucked bodice and fully-puffed sleeves. The skirt was machine-smocked into the waist and pleated horse-shoes, with little blue bows, added a unique trimming. She wore a tulle bow of blue in her hair and carried a basket of blue daisies. Mr. E. Sankowsky (brother) was best man. Owing to the distance of the bride's parents and home, the reception was arranged by the bride's aunt, Mrs. A. Thygesen, who made and presented a beautifully-iced cake. Mrs. Sankowsky wore a smart ensemble for her travelling frock. Mr. and Mrs. Sankowsky will make their home at Berrembea, Wallavllle line. 
Family F5628
 
4698 WEDDINGS

At Christ Church, Murgon, on November 7, the Rev. C. H. Massey officiated at the marriage of Mr. Edward Peterson (youngest son of Mrs. A. C. Peterson, of Brisbane, and late of Murgon) to Miss Ena Jessie Spiller (youngest daughter of  Mr. and Mrs. J. H. Spiller, Murgon). Mrs. George-Castles presided at the organ. The bride, who was given away by [her] father, was attended by Misses Eva Peterson (sister of the bridegroom) and Doris Allen (Gympie) as bridesmaids. Mr. Max Rienecker (Murgon) carried out the duties of best man, and Mr. Jack Cavanagh (Wooroolin) acted as groomsman. At the conclusion of the ceremony about 45 guests were entertained at Gesler's Cafe (Murgon). Subsequently Mr. and Mrs. E. Peterson left by train for Brisbane and Tweed Heads, where the honeymoon will be spent. 
Family F5047
 
4699 WEDDINGS

Colston -- Spiller

The marriage of Mr. Arthur Hugh Fraser Colston (eldest son of the late Mr. and Mrs. A. Colston) and Miss Rose May Spiller (eldest daughter of Mr. and  Mrs. W. A. J. Spiller, Goomeri) took place in the Church of Christ, Kingaroy, on September 25. Pastor R. W. Payne officiated. Miss Thelma Payne was at the organ, and a vocal solo was given by Mrs. A. F. Davis. The bride, who was given away by her father, wore a trained gown of white crepe satin, with a Brussells net veil mounted on tulle. She carried white flowers. Green floral georgette, with cascading frills, was the choice of Misses Mary Henderson and Ruby Ellis, who were the bridesmaids. Their leghorn picture hats featured field flower trimmings, and they carried pink sweet peas and cream roses. The little Misses O. Splller and Beryl McIndoe were flower girls. Mr. R. Gallagher was best man, and Mr. Harold Spiller was the groomsman. On leaving for the honeymoon, which is being spent in Brisbane, Mrs. A. H. F. Colston wore navy crepe de Chine, with a hat to harmonise. 
Family F132
 
4700 WEDDINGS
Goodman-Jackwitz (Lowood).
--The marriage of Miss Helena (Lena) Jackwitz, youngest daughter of the late Mr. Hermann Jackwitz and Mrs. A. Jackwitz (Lowood), and Mr. William Henry Albert Goodman, only son of Mr. William Goodman and the late Mrs. Goodman, Lowood, took place at the Minden Baptist Manse shortly after noon on Saturday. Pastor Frewin officiated. The bride chose a street length saxe blue crepe frock, featuring a tunic effect, with wide folded tucks on the sleeves and bodice, and beading on the collar. She also wore a white hat, and carried a white handbag. Her accessories were white. She was attended by her sister, Mrs. F. Schulz, as matron of honour, who chose a street length frock of blue dull crepe, with navy hat and accessories. Mr. Herbert Jackwitz, brother of the bride, was best man. After the ceremony the bridal party motored to Ipswich to be photographed. The wedding breakfast was served on the spacious verandahs of the residence of the bridegroom's brother-in-law and sister, Mr. and Mrs. W. Vollbrecht. Streamers and garlands of antignon helped to brighten the enclosure. On the tables were vases of zinnias, dahlias, and gerberas. A two-tier wedding cake, made by the bridegroom's sister, Mrs. A. Neuendorf, and iced by Mrs. L. Schmunck, was placed on the bridal table. About 60 guests were entertained. The bride's mother, who will be 70 years old in August, was present. She wore a dress a black crepe de Chine, which was relieved with white buttons. Her accessories were black. Pastor Frewin presided at the breakfast. The usual toasts were honoured. Speakers were Pastor Frewin, Cr. W. J. Walters, Messrs. G. Lewis and C. Neuendorf. After the breakfast the younger members of the party enjoyed dancing, Mr. H. Dineen providing music. The bridal couple will live at the old home of the Goodman family. 
Family F1135
 

      «Prev «1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 Next»